JetBlue gladly accepts small cats and dogs in the aircraft cabin on both domestic and international flights (with the exception of flights to Jamaica, Barbados, Saint Lucia, Cayman Islands and Trinidad & Tobago, and interline bookings).
You may book your pet online at jetblue.com or by calling 1-800-JETBLUE (538-2583). Please note: a $25 booking fee applies to reservations made over the phone.
Keep in mind:
- There is a pet fee of $100 each way.
- We only accept small cats and dogs as pets in the aircraft cabin onboard our flights. At this time, we do not ship live animals as cargo or in the bellies of any aircraft.
- The combined weight of the pet and carrier may not exceed 20 pounds.
- Only four pets are allowed per flight. The fourth and final pet must be booked at the airport at the ticket counter within 24 hours of departure and is available on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Pets cannot travel alone; they must be accompanied by a customer.
- Only one pet is allowed per customer, with a few exceptions. Please contact a JetBlue representative at 1-800-JETBLUE (538-2583) for more information.
- A pet carrier will count as a carry-on item
- You will not be assigned an exit row, bulkhead seat, Mint seat or any seat restricted for under seat stowage. It is highly recommended that you sit in a window or aisle seat.
- The pet must remain inside its carrier while at the airport and in the aircraft for the entire flight, and underneath the seat in front of you during taxi, takeoff and landing. TSA may require customers to remove their pet from its carrier to be carried through the TSA checkpoint.
- Pets are NOT accepted on interline bookings (single itinerary containing both JetBlue and partnership airline segments), regardless of booking source i.e. jetblue.com, travel agency, partner airline’s website, etc.
Please note: These requirements listed above do not apply to certified service animals or emotional support animals; click here for guidelines pertaining to certified service animals and emotional support animals.