FAA/TSA regulations allow each Customer to take one (1) carry-on (garment bag, backpack, suitcase, pet carrier, etc.) and one (1) personal item (purse, briefcase, laptop, etc.) onboard the aircraft. FAA/TSA regulations also allow the following items, as these do not count towards the Customer’s carry-on limit:
- Duty-Free items (a reasonable and limited amount)
- One diaper bag (for Customers traveling with a lap infant) as a carry-on item
- Special items (coat, umbrella, infant car seat, etc.)
- Assistive Devices (wheelchairs, canes, walkers, etc.)
Your personal item must not exceed 18"L (45.72 cm) x 15"W (38.1 cm) x 8"H (20.32 cm) height in order to fit under the seat in front of you.
To fit in the overhead bin, your item must not exceed:
- for our Airbus A320: 26 inches (66 centimeters) length x 18 inches (45.72 centimeters) width x 12 inches (30.48 centimeters) height
- for our EMBRAER 190: 24 inches (60.96 centimeters) length x 16 inches (40.64 centimeters) width x 10 inches (25.4 centimeters) height
Closets for hanging garment bags are not available on our aircraft.
Carry-on baggage is the sole responsibility of the customer and JetBlue will assume no liability for property carried onboard the aircraft.
For TSA information on carry-ons, click here.
Bringing more than just carry-on baggage? Be sure to review our Checked Baggage Requirements